Wednesday 24 April 2013

New flavour Pimm's - blackberry & elderflower

Went to the Swan pub in Pangbourne last night to have a glass of wine by the river. Just too late to change my order, I spotted a bottle of Pimm's behind the bar in packaging I didn't recognise. Asked the barman what it was, and he said it was a new limited edition flavour - Blackberry & Elderflower!

A trip to Waitrose this evening has secured me a bottle - £16 for 70cl. The label blurb on the back tells me to serve it over ice with 1 part Pimm's to 2 parts lemonade. So I have :)

It's quite sweet, and the first taste comparison to spring to mind was liquid Tunes! That's not necessarily a bad thing - it does have a slightly medicinal taste, but it's still fruity and summery, and I'll happily have several glasses more once the weather starts behaving itself properly.

It won't replace a full-on jug of standard Pimm's in my book, but then not many things can. There's room in my life for this too though. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have taste tested this for me. I saw it on the supermarche shelves and did consider it for the long summer evenings. Bottoms Up!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Cherry Tunes, so will have to try this. I agree standard Pimms takes some beating, though I was kind of brought up on it. 'Pimms Number 1 Cup' was my mum's fave drink in her youth. When she makes it now, she spikes it with extra gin, it being the gin based Pimms. This new one is based on the vodka Pimms, but I won't hold that against it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it's now in Tesco stores too, and on offer. Might have to buy another bottle, this one is practically gone already :D

    ReplyDelete