Monday 13 February 2012

Slimming World sweet chilli pork burgers & Thai cucumber salad

I've reached my target weight now, but making an effort not to put it all back on again, so am sticking to Slimming World-friendly recipes most days of the week (weekends are a different story, ahem!).

Tonight I made sweet chilli pork burgers with Thai cucumber salad, and here's the recipe (serves 2):

Burgers:
400g extra lean pork mince (approx 1 Syn per person)
1 onion, whizzed in the blender
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 Syns per person)
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then divide into 4 patties (try to make them flat and fairly thin - about 1.5 cm high). Heat up a frying pan with a few squirts of FryLight and add the burgers. Fry for 5 minutes or so each side, pressing down every so often to get them cooked through.

Salad:
Half a cucumber, peeled, halved and cut into thin slices
10 or so cherry tomatoes, halved (I had a pack of mixed red and yellow ones which was a bit jazzy)
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 fresh red chilli, chopped (I use scissors to save my fingers and eyes)
A couple of splashes of cider vinegar (probably should be rice wine/vinegar but I didn't have any in)
A few snips of fresh coriander
Half a fresh lime, squeezed
Teaspoon of Splenda
A few grinds of salt

Mix it all up to ensure the Splenda and salt dissolve. Serve with the burgers. Enjoy :D

5 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious. Nom. I can't help but think I'd be starving after that. Thats why I've piled all my weight back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks chick! I know what you mean - luckily I had a huge spud at lunch so am not too bad at the moment. Although, now you mention it.... Argh! :-/

      xxx

      Delete
  3. sounds delicious, but where did you ever hear anyone of our generation utter the phrase 'a bit jazzy'... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha brilliant, I guess I'm uncool - what can I say ;)

      Delete