Thursday 2 January 2014

A tale of forgotten poems

I've started a new blog - Poems from Mr Nash. It will be documenting a collection of nearly 100 poems my sister and I found inside books bought by our mother in the late 1950s/early 1960s, all written by a Mr Cyril Nash, who owned a bookshop in London which she regularly frequented.

The poems tell tales of her visits to the bookshop, the poet's admiration of her, and his general observations of the shop and life in general.

I'm thinking the blog will also profile our mother's life and love of books, as well as highlights from her book collection. Hopefully, with research, I'll also get a better insight into the poet, his bookshop, and other customers of the time.

I'd be very happy if you read the link, shared it, followed it on Twitter and Facebook. Don't ask much, do I? :)

Read the blog

Follow on Twitter

Like on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment